Sunday, September 27, 2009

Time to grow up and go home, Peter Pan

I've been anticipating this of course, but was not quite fully prepared for the force with which real life would burst my little Lost Boy fantasy bubble.  If you've read as far as the first entry of this blog, you know that in mid-June, my friend and stepfather, Ed Rodakowski, was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of lung cancer.  Well the time has come; Mom want's me there, so it's time to go. And when it rains it pours; that was only one of four -count 'em, four, communiques I received within the past three days that yanked back HARD on the bit of my actual life assignment, as teacher, colleague, husband, father, even grandfather.  Goodbye, Peter Pan.  Everyone else; my flight is scheduled to touch down at 7:15 PM, CST.  I'll be there by tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment